If there is a problem with any of our Retrotouch products not listed in the general FAQ list, please contact us before returning any products.
- What size back box does the Hotel Boutique™ range need?
- Due to the electronics within the light switch, a 47mm depth box is recommended.
- Are the touch range all dimmers?
- No, they come in 1, 2, 3 and 4 gang on/off, 1 and 2 gang dimmer and 2 gang on/off 1 gang dimmer mix combo. (can be controlled by optional remote sold seperately)
- Can the Boutique Touch light switches be controlled remotely through walls and ceilings?
- No, as the Boutique touch light switches use IR (infa-red) technology, so must be in line of sight of switch for it to work.
- Can the Boutique touch range be used 2 ways?
- Yes, the Boutique touch switches can be used 2 way but ONLY on gang 1. (No other gangs will be 2 ways)
- Will the remote control or light switch interfere with any appliances I have in my home?
- No the IR remote is code locked so will not interfere with other IR appliances.
- Will my next door neighbour be able to turn on or off my lights remotely if using the same system?
- No, as the remote is not RF it is IR so need to be in same room to work in line of sight.
- Do I need to pair the remote to switch?
- Yes, hold down button on touch panel for 5 seconds then press "+" on the remote for corresponding light, all done. then press "+" turn on "-" turn off. (see instruction for full details)
- Can more than one mini remote be programmed to one light switch?
- No, only 1 remote per switch.
- Can I create power up scenes to turn on/off lights?
- Yes, on the Boutique touch switches, press hold 5 seconds middle right side of rectangular touch zone, the back light will flicker. Then press Master ON of remote control, do the same for all lights and press Master On after finished to close program.
Device 1 is for sound setting "+" is for background sound, "-" is for No Sound
Device 2 is for key brightness setting "+" is for brightness up , "-" is for Brightness down.
Device 3 is for Panel back light brightness setting "+" is for brightness up , "-" is for Brightness down.
Device 4 is for back light on/off setting "+" is always ON, "-" is always OFF
* Press Master OFF to complete setting set up *
- Do I need to rewire my house to be able to use your switches?
- Boutique touch switches require an additional Neutral input, this is to stabilise the switch.
- Not sure how to wire light switch?
- All electrical wiring must be done by qualified electrician or similarly qualified person. Instructions enclosed within the box to fit the switch, Always employ a qualified person to avoid damage to the product and for your safety.
- How long will the Boutique Touch light switch last for?
- The Touch switch shall last for well over 100,000 times (Approx 54 years turning on/off 5 times a day).
- Does any of the Boutique range come with a warranty or guarantee?
- The mechanical switches come with a 2 year warranty from date of purchase, if there is a fault please contact us.
- My light switch is not working but within warranty, what happens now?
- Please contact us before sending the product back for a returns number, we shall then test the product, and repair if faulty, if un-repairable a replacement shall be sent within 7 working days.
- Can I use an LED light bulbs with your light switches?
- Yes, the range of Touch light switches are compatible. (Please call us)
- With arthritis I have difficulty turning on/off toggle light switches will I have the same problem?
- With all our Touch light switches they have a glass touch panel which requires no pressure to turn on or off your lights, with the added benefit of remote control so no need to get up.
- Are the switches easy to locate at night, when pitch black?
- Yes, all the touch light switches lightly glow at night, so no more fumbling for the light switch and uses minimal power consumption less than 0.02W. They do not intrude on your sleep as some neon's do, they are dim but bright enough to locate at night. You can change brightness of back lights (see above for details)
- Can we use your rocker switches in the bathroom?
- Our switches are not IP44 rated for bathroom use. Although no IP rating required for Zone 3, you may use Crystal PG touch switches as one continous glass face plate