What size back box do the Touch & Remote light switches require?
- Due to the electronics within the light switch, a minimum of 35mm depth box is recommended.
Can the Touch & Remote light switches be controlled remotely through walls and ceilings?
- Yes, the touch light switches use RF (radio Frequency) technology up to 20 meters.
Using a metal back box will absorb the RF signal, reducing the working distance; therefore where possible use a plastic back box.
Can the Crystal Touch & Remote Light Switches be used 2 ways?
- The Crystal Touch & Remote Light Switches are available in 1 way or 2 way & intermediate.
Will my next door neighbour be able to turn on or off my lights remotely if using the same light switch?
- No, each individual remote is code locked (paired) to ensure that only the pre-programmed remote works with that particular switch.
Can more than one mini remote be programmed to one light switch?
- Yes, you can buy additional mini remotes to be able to have one upstairs and one downstairs giving you the 2 way function remotely up to 4 per switch.
What is the purpose of a master scene remote when I have a mini remote included?
- If you have more than 2 or 3 light switches, the scene remote gives you the ability to turn all lights ON or OFF, or set scenes (i.e. certain patterns of lights on or off) or individual lights on/off same as mini remote.
Do I need to rewire my house to be able to use your light or sockets switches?
- No, all our switches and sockets use exactly same wiring as you already have, saving you time and most importantly money. 2 Way touch switches require signal A & B to be connected to one another (equivalent to COM)
Not sure how to wire my Touch light switch?
- All electrical wiring must be done by qualified electrician or similarly qualified person. Instructions enclosed within the box show how to fit the switch, employ a qualified electrician to avoid damage to the product and for your safety.
With arthritis I have difficulty turning on/off toggle light switches will I have the same problem?
- With all our light switches they have a glass touch panel which requires no pressure to turn on or off your lights, with the added benefit of remote control so no need to get up.
Are the switches easy to locate at night, when pitch black?
- Yes, all the touch light switches lightly glow at night, so no more fumbling for the light switch and uses minimal power consumption <0.02W. They do not intrude on your sleep as some neon's do, they are dim but bright enough to locate at night.
Can we use the touch light switches in the bathroom?
- Our switches are not IP44 rated for bathroom use. Although, no specific IP rating required for Zone 3, our crystal full range plain glass range may be used as one continuous glass face plate
Are the Crystal light switches made of Glass or are they plastic?
- The Crystal switches all have a glass surround